Our last tour was fabulous! See the photos on our Facebook page. Then join us in 2019 when we return to the wilds of the Western Islands and Highlands.
For Writers of Scottish Romance and Anyone with a Romantic Heart
Experience the atmosphere, romance and history of Scotland that will infuse your next novel with unique authenticity. From the history of Holyrood House and the Stone of Scone in Edinburgh to the wilds of the Isle of Skye, explore this beautiful and untamed country as the Scottish see it.
Begin in the elegant city of Edinburgh where you will visit castles that echo with the tumultuous history of the Scots. Journey to out-of-the-way medieval churches, unknown standing stone circles and ruined castles that still whisper of mystery. Watch as the gulls gather round the fishing boats that ply their trade in the cold waters off Oban. And gaze in awe as an innocent stream plunges over the cliffs of Kilt Rock on the Isle of Skye. Then round out your adventure with a view of Loch Ness from its most famous castle and a dram of Scotch from Edradour, Scotland’s secret treasure small single-malt whiskey distillery.
Your trip will include an opening night cocktail reception, a class in Gaelic tailored just for romance writers, afternoon tea in the lodge of a Clan Chieftain on Skye, a tour of one of Scotland’s best distilleries, a closing night dinner complete with a whiskey chaser, and guided tours of Scotland’s most famous and infamous castles and sites as well as stop-offs at little known gems brimming with history.
Tour Rate: $3250 US
Included in the tour price:
- Transfers from and to Edinburgh Airport
- All group ground transportation for the duration of the tour
- 7 nights accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis.
- All accommodation is on a double occupancy basis. A Single Room Supplement is available at $550 per person.
- Opening night Cocktail Reception and one Group Dinner
- All classes
- Entry for all museums, castles, and historic sites
- Full time journey leaders
- Gratuities for accommodation and listed meals.
Not included in the tour price:
- Any airfares
- Dinners not specified in itinerary
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Personal items and incidental expenses
Terms and conditions:
A full list of Ambling Tours LLC terms and conditions is available on the Terms and Conditions page. Specific terms and conditions relating to this tour, are as follows:
- This trip involves a fair amount of walking so a medium fitness level is required.
- To secure your space, a deposit of one half of the tour cost is due at the time of reservation. The full tour cost is due by the August 1, 2014. For reservations made after August 1, full payment is due at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made by direct bank transfer and by credit card through PayPal (Please note that a 4% administration fee will be charged for credit card payments).
- For the enjoyment of our guests, this tour will accept a maximum of 13 travelers. Please note that we require minimum numbers for this tour to operate. Should the minimum number of participants not be reached, we will re-cost the journey based on the number of confirmed guests. If confirmed participants choose not to accept the new pricing, the journey will be cancelled and a full refund of the payment received will be given.
- Cancellations after payment of the deposit or balance are subject to the following penalties:
- 60 days or more prior to departure, we will return 50% of the deposit
- Between 30 and 59 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit
- Less than 30 days prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
- Individuals are responsible for their own personal medical, travel, baggage and flight insurance. Personal items, such as jackets, cameras, purses or daypacks are the sole responsibility of the owner. We require tour participants take out personal travel insurance and Ambling Tours LLC can recommend travel insurance providers if needed.